In this episode, Kimberly interviews Dr. Hernando Chaves about his progressive approach to sex therapy and sexual health. The two certified sex therapists share some of their favorite interventions and describe trends in each of their practices. They discuss the impact of keeping secrets, different manifestations of consensual non-monogamy, and how understanding a partner’s love language can decrease resentment and improve communication and empathy. In addition to the interview. Kimberly also gives a Sex IQ Quiz on the neurochemicals Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin, and Adrenaline.
Episode 15: Trends and Topics in Sex Therapy
- Episode 17: “My Penis is a Battering Ram” – One Man’s Sexual Story
- Episode 16: I’m Not Broken: Sex, Illness & Disability
- Episode 15: Trends and Topics in Sex Therapy
- Episode 14: The Birds and the Bees: A Lifelong Conversation
- Episode 13: Penile Transplants, Plasma Therapy, and Human Tissue Engineering